High technology clients include companies that produce web software, which can be highly susceptible to negative online press. Since their sales cycle may take place completely within a single browser session, it is very important to them that all potential customer searches are positive.
A typical technology client engages Five Blocks to help with issues which have negatively impacted the top ten results in Google:
- Negative reviews by bloggers on their software or tech solution
- Rants on support forums (“How do I uninstall this thing!”)
- Negative YouTube Video reviews
Typical Program: We will typically offer a program consisting of:
- The analysis of the current results, looking for opportunities to better tell the client’s story.
- Helping the client utilize their existing web properties (and those of partners) to accentuate the positive.
- Creating new web properties as needed, to provide highly relevant content.
- Utilizing the company’s own video/audio/image archives as appropriate or creating positive content for YouTube.
Special issues we have noted with clients/firms in the technical sector:
- Complaints or poor reviews are often irrelevant, pertaining to a much earlier version of the product or software – but the searchers may not realize this.
- Their clients and reviewers are tech savvy – they know how to complain vociferously online.
- The sale very frequently hinges on a quick pre-sale reputation search.
Expected Results: For a typical client with 5 negative Google results, the program lasts 4-6 months depending on the exact requirements and the cooperation we receive from the client. After that initial period, we recommend an ongoing effort which involves monitoring and maintenance and is useful in preventing negative results from appearing in the future.