Many of our clients are individuals and firms involved in finance. This includes hedge funds and brokers, mostly in the New York area.
A typical finance client engages Five Blocks to help with issues which have negatively impacted the top ten results in Google:
- An SEC investigation that may have resulted in no action
- Comments on an investor forum
- News articles mentioning past less-than-stellar fund performance
- Articles in which the client or their fund are grouped together with funds whose reputation is bad
Typical Program: We typically offer a program consisting of:
- An analysis of the current results, looking for opportunities to better tell the client’s story.
- The creation of new web properties that provide highly relevant content.
- The employment of authoritative websites to tell the client’s story or simply present their information.
- The weakening of irrelevant or damaging websites by providing more authority to the positive ones.
Special issues we have noted with clients/firms in the financial services sector include:
- SEC regulations restricting the way in which hedge funds promote themselves.
- A frequent desire not to be in the spotlight.
- A severe dearth of quality existing Google results to promote.
Expected Results: For a typical client with 5 negative Google results, the program lasts 4-6 months depending on the exact requirements and the cooperation we receive from the client. After that initial period we recommend an ongoing effort which involves monitoring and maintenance and is useful in preventing negative results from appearing in the future.