Business Development Manager
Five Blocks is a digital reputation pioneer, shaping perceptions of companies and individuals through thoughtful planning of their digital footprint — as seen in search. Using proprietary technology and data-driven diagnostics, we analyze a brand’s internet presence and map out a more accurate, intentional, and strategic reputation for our clients, together with their communications teams.
Our clients include some of the best-known companies in the world, as well as notable individuals who expect premium standards of service and support.
Our Business Development team builds relationships with partners and industry leaders, growing business opportunities with a view to long-term growth. Named an Inc.5000 Fastest Growing Company in 2020 for the fourth time, Five Blocks has aggressive growth targets which the Business Development Manager is expected to help us meet.
We are looking for a rainmaker with a strong ability to create relationships, analyze human situations, write proposals, talk to prospects, and close deals. You’re an excellent and mindful communicator who picks up on nuances. You understand the business needs of our prospects and can clearly articulate Five Blocks’ value proposition to them.
- Research, identify, and develop new business opportunities in the US and beyond, using relationship-building methodology, often with executive level people
- Build on existing relationships (particularly in the realms of PR) to form new opportunities and relationships
- Write proposals and presentations
- Conduct meetings with clients and prospects that outline our capabilities, identify client needs, and discuss potential reputation management strategies
- Close deals with prospective clients! (You are measured on this metric.)
- Be on-call for rapid-response to client crises and urgent new business opportunities
- Provide relevant counsel to Account Managers as part of a team managing client programs
- Work with the Marketing team to develop content and collateral for prospects
- Hunger to succeed and help us succeed, to learn new things, to hatch new ideas, and to meet new people
- 3+ years of sales / biz dev experience (PR, digital, SEO, or marketing experience a plus)
- A proven record of business development success; you enjoy talking to people, and prospecting for business.
- Strong writing skills, and spoken presentation capabilities (English)
- Strong organizational, research, and process management skills
Nice if you Have:
- Data / Excel / Analytics abilities
- Knowledge of search and technical aspects of the Internet / SEO
- Experience advising clients on reputation and/or crisis management skills
- A vibrant network of communication professionals at agencies and in-house professionals, in the US and beyond
- A highly independent and strategic self-starter, and a flexible, adaptable team player (We’re here to coach you but we are looking for a candidate who can self-monitor and hone their skills independently.)
- Entrepreneurial, high-energy, confident, discreet
- A big-picture thinker with a hands-on, detail-oriented approach
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines simultaneously, across multiple time-zones (after-hours work required)
The job is full-time, from our Jerusalem area office. We have a gym, catered lunch, flex-time, and other perks.
Some travel will be required.
To apply, send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com