Director of Business Development
An exciting opportunity to join a high-growth digital reputation management firm. We help corporations and high-profile individuals manage their online reputations with a focus on search. Our team of strategists and technologists, spread between the U.S. and Israel, work with clients around the globe. We are a small business with big ambitions to grow and meet the growing demand for our technology and consulting services.
If you are an entrepreneurial, high energy, well-connected, digital communication expert, you’ll love the opportunity to work in this fast paced, innovative company. You’ll help develop leads, close business deals, and build the firm’s presence in New York City. You’ll identify client opportunities, develop proposals, build awareness of the firm, and provide counsel to Fortune 500 and high-profile individual clients. Competitive compensation to start and an opportunity to earn more through performance and growth of the firm.
What You Will Do
- Close deals with prospective clients
- Identify and develop new business opportunities in NYC and across the US
- Write proposals, strategy memos, and marketing materials
- Conduct meetings with clients and prospects that outline the firm’s capabilities, identify client needs, and educate about digital reputation management and search
- Present ideas to clients about how the firm’s services and technology can be applied to their challenges or opportunities
- Be on-call for rapid-response to client crises and urgent new business opportunities
- Provide periodic counsel to clients on strategies and tactics to build, defend, and promote their reputations online
- 10+ years of experience at agency or in-house PR, digital, or similar work
- Vibrant network of communication professionals at agencies and in-house professionals in NYC and beyond
- Proven record of business development success and enjoy prospecting for business
- Successfully navigated large organizations to identify and connect with the decision makers within the client organization
- Strong knowledge of search and technical aspects of the Internet (experience with technical SEO is a plus)
- Experience advising clients on reputation and/or issues (crisis management skills is a plus)
- Strong writing and public presentation capabilities
- Experience with professional services and client management
- Management and leadership experience with a start-up mindset
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines simultaneously
- A self-starter comfortable working independently and across multiple time-zones
About Five Blocks
Five Blocks is a digital consulting and technology firm focused on reputation management. We offer proprietary technology solutions and personalized, confidential advisory services to corporations and high-profile individuals who want to build, promote, and defend their reputations. We are experts at digital search with over a decade of experience adapting to its ever-evolving parameters, rules, and best practices. Our team of over 30 analysts, technology developers, researchers and advisors come to us from the fields of technology, academia, communications, and business. With our headquarters in New York City and a development team in Israel, Five Blocks works with corporations and high-profile individuals around the globe. Learn more at www.fiveblocks.com.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and note “Director of Business Development & Strategy” in the subject line.