Since 2005, Five Blocks has worked with tens of clients across every imaginable industry – consistently delivering the results our clients need in order to carry out their businesses.
Our first experience with reputation management occurred in 2005 when our first e-commerce website suffered a loss of sales due to a few negative comments online. No company that we found would guarantee success in taking control of our reputation, so we decided to try do to so ourselves.
It took us over a year to develop a rudimentary set of tools and processes that were helpful in taking control of our Google Search results. Our success was so exciting that we shared the news with our clients and contacts and soon found clients lining up outside our door – clients who desperately needed to put their best foot forward online. Our first real client was a partner who was dealing with negative press that directly impacting their rate of shopping cart abandonment. Few people are willing to buy products from a company accused of unfair business practices – even, as in this case, if the rumor isn’t true.
Then, in 2006 we teamed up with our first partner, a New York based Public Relations firm. A number of their clients were running successful business ventures in various market sectors, but were suffering from negative new stories, blogs and other user-generated content.
Negative Google Results
The first thing these clients (and in fact, most clients) want is not to see “bad” search engine results. This means that, when searching their name in Google or Yahoo, they don’t want an old news story or blog comment to mar an otherwise strong reputation.
Shaping a New and Positive Reputation
We have gone beyond that basic need and have become experts in building online reputations – shaping what people see and feel when they search clients’ names or brands online.
For people and companies who attract media attention, the results of a Google search on their name can influence whether they will be hired for a job or whether they will get an investment they need. Unfavorable Google results cause a great deal of financial damage. The good news is that you can have a strong influence on those results – and we can help you to do so!
While we protect clients confidentiality, we have helped companies and individuals in the following categories:
- Finance and Markets
- Members of the Press
- Online Retail Websites
How We Work
- We analyze your current situation.
- We hear from you about which keyword searches you need to improve.
- We propose a timeline and payment schedule which is linked to results.
- Once you accept our proposal, we work with you to suggest changes that you can make to your web properties that will help you.
- We also work with your staff or your PR firm to collect positive press that we can use to aid you.
- We provide you with status updates on a regular basis. Typically, you will see changes starting as early as the first month. These results will continue for a number of months until the results for your search query have been radically improved. Our goal is to remove all bad results from the top ten; however, we don’t just settle for these results – we work to continually improve your reputation on additional search engines.